В блоге у необычайно креативно-позитивной Zoe из Make it Crafty интересное задание-игра. Отгадать, что означают некоторые выражения, которые используют австралийцы в своей речи. В австралийском английском я не сильна, но поучаствовать в игре не откажусь. В конце концов, смысл игры не в том, чтобы найти правильное объяснение, а в том, чтобы придумать своё. Ну, или что-то в этом роде. Как сказала Zoe (не я, заметьте), австралийцы – очень ленивые и не любят полностью говорить длинные слова, сокращая их безбожно. Поэтому я, конечно же, для начала залезла в словарь, чтобы найти однокоренные или похожие слова. Но тут же наткнулась на перевод нужного мне выражения. Следовательно, этот способ я отбросила, что же интересного в том, чтобы всё и сразу получить на блюдечке. Нужно же помучаться. Посему включаю воображение, пусть поиграет …
Zoe from Make it Crafty has a new funny game for us – try to guess meanings of some Australian slang words. First of all I’d like to thank Zoe for the opportunity to make some progress in Australian English. I took my dictionary first searching for some similar words or words with the same root. And… OOPS! I found the correct Australian meaning of the first phrase. Is it interesting? Not, of course. So, I decided to write my own associations of some phrases. Am I right or not is up to you. According to Zoe (not me) Aussies are lazy and don’t like to say long words. So the word “Crikey” can be cricket, perhaps… Nice game. I like the phrase „Good Onya“. It could be „Good morning”, “Good afternoon” and “Good evening” all together, why not. Well I’ll be buggered! My interpretation is “To sink in an information stream”. In Russian tales apples can bring health and return youth, so in my opinion “She’ll be apples” – smth like be healthy and wealthy. “Ridgie Didge” sounds like a name of a toy. “Bob’s yer uncle” is “You are not a friend of mine” for me. “Ningnong” – Are you crazy?! And finally “Rough end of the stick” – from two possibilities smb has chosen the wrong one or more difficult one. So I shared with you my “Aussie Slang” interpretation. The game runs till 26.02.11. You have some time to join here!






Hahahaa! I just love your idea for Good Onya! I think it's a perfect solution to roll all those greetings into one! Thanks so much for playing along and having a few laughs!! hugs xxoo
ОтветитьУдалитьThanks for the funny game, Zoe!
ОтветитьУдалить